Other Species Collections
The XGC is a trans-NIH initiative whose goals are to provide genomic resources to
the Xenopus laevis and Xenopus tropicalis community.
The program has a number of components including:
- The generation of libraries from different stages of development and adult tissues.
- Sequencing of ~3,000 to 10,000 5’ and 3' ESTs from each library.
- All sequences are deposited into GenBank. The corresponding clones are available through
the IMAGE clone distribution network and are fully accessible to the community.
- Analysis of all available sequences into UniGene clusters.
- Selection of candidate complete open reading frame (ORF) clones and their sequencing.