Other Species Collections
pSPORT-1 Library Method Overview
The laboratory of Dr. Minoru Ko constructed long-transcript enriched cDNA libraries
in the pSPORT1 vector. The method involves a PCR amplification step using
a 5' linker, LL-Sal4, and 3' primer, Sal4-S. Briefly, the method is as follows:
- First strand cDNA is synthesized from total RNA using Invitrogen's SuperScriptII and
an oligo-dT primer with a Not I site [Invitrogen: 5'-pGACTAGTTCTAGATCGCGAGCGGCCGCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT-3'].
- Second strand cDNA is synthesized using DNA polymerase I, and blunt ended using T4 DNA polymerase.
- Purified cDNA is ligated to linker LL-Sal4 and then amplified by long-range high fidelity
PCR using Ex Taq polymerase (Takara) and primer Sal4-S.
- The cDNAs are digested with Sal I and Not
I and cloned into the pSport1 vector.
- The average insert size in different libraries ranges from 2.4 to 3.6kb.
Yulan Piao, Naomi T. Ko, Meng K. Lim, Minoru S.H. Ko: Construction of Long-Transcript
Enriched cDNA from Submicrogram Amounts of Total RNAs by a Universal PCR Amplification Method.
Genome Research, Vol. 11, Issue 9, 1553-1558.